Do it yourself course - Suggested steps:
Making or selection of different tools and practicing strokes.
This exercise is to try out different options for the writing pen as a tool for calligraphy.
- Choose paper (A4 size) and ink (any colour).
- Choose at least 3 different options for your calligraphic tools - you could also make these or you could improvise using objects that are easily available like a toothbrush, sponge, ice - cream stick, etc.
- Make simple strokes using your tools.
- Try out at least 3 to 5 options for each of the forms and pick out your best.
- Suggested time duration for this exercise is 2 Hours (including making/selection of tools).
- These are examples of this exercise done by students at IDC.
You can also check video demonstrations for the above exercise.