Do it yourself course - Suggested steps:
Drawing of shapes through representation of living beings.
1. Choose any pen, paper (A4 size) and ink (any colour).
2. Draw the visual forms from nature - that of birds and animals.
3. Try to represent the movements of the birds or animals through your strokes.
4. Try out atleast 3 to 5 options for each of the forms and pick out your best.
5. Suggested time duration for this exercise is 1 Hour.
6. These are examples of this exercise done by students at IDC.
You can also check video demonstrations for the above exercise.