Do it yourself course - Suggested steps:
Drawing of basic elements through visualization of dots, lines to shapes.
1. Choose any pen, paper (A4 size) and ink (any colour).
2. Draw the visual forms from nature starting from Seed to Seedling to Leaves to Flower to Fruit to Tree.
3. Notice that as you go along, you'll start from drawing basic strokes of dots to lines to planar representations.
4. Try out atleast 3 to 5 options for each of the forms and pick out your best.
5. Suggested time duration for this exercise is 2 Hours.
6. These are examples of this exercise done by students at IDC.
You can also check video demonstrations for the above exercise.